6 Tips and Motivation Hints to Start Your Fitness Routine This Autumn
The crispness of autumn’s air settles in after a long summer.
The leaves begin to turn vibrant colours and the children head back to school. Adults settle back into their regular routines and begin preparing for the upcoming winter months.
If you’re like most adults, one of your priorities is to lose weight and tone up.
Perhaps you want to drop a few dress sizes or add a few pounds of lean muscle. Whatever your goal may be this season, here are a few tips that will jumpstart your fat loss:
1) Eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day. Each meal should be 2-3 hours apart. Each meal should contain one protein and one carb. The first meal should be eaten within an hour after waking.
2) Drink a cup of water at each meal.
3) Rest properly. This means taking at least 48 hours between strength training the same muscles, and it also means getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Lastly, it means taking 1-2 days off from exercising per week.
4) Cardio should be done at different intensity levels and different session lengths. Consider doing a low intensity/long session, a high intensity/short session and a few medium intensity/medium length sessions.
5) Strength train each muscle 1-3 times per week. You should lift a proper weight and perform the proper amount of sets/reps for your strength training method. If you need more guidance or exercise ideas you can search the web. Try using the search term “strength training woman” or “strength training men” to narrow down your results. Include the quotation marks for best results.
6) Limit your alcohol intake. Alcohol can have many negative impacts on the body. It is high in calories and lacking nutrient value. Some researchers have also suggested that because alcohol is metabolised in the body first, any food consumed in combination with the alcohol will be more easily converted to fat. And finally, when you drink alcohol, You may be more inclined to indulge or make poor choices because you aren’t able to think clearly.
It is possible for us to begin the autumn season and start checking things off of our “To Do” list. The secret to successful fitness programs lies in correct execution.
Non-stop dieting or crash course fitness regimes will not help you achieve lasting fat loss.
There are many ways to keep your motivation strong through the fall and winter months. Here are a few that you can begin using right now:
– Join a gym and talk with Us at The Trainers Edge about your specific goals.
– Maybe Find a workout buddy.
– Create a fitness and nutrition journal. Log your daily food intake and workout program. Also note your moods and feelings. Contact me for a free workout log.
– Read the ebook from this website. An ebook is an electronic book that we have created for you. The ebook offers you a complete program on fitness and nutrition tips.
Whether your goal is to slim down or bulk up, combining the 6 tips above with a focused fitness and nutrition program is the absolute best path to long-lasting fat loss.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Your success depends on you!